What is the Piscataquis Public Health Coalition?
The Piscataquis Public Health Coalition (PPHC) is a local Healthy Maine Partnership that works with communities in the Piscataquis region to provide education and health promotion through:
- Educational programs
- Local health resources
- Health and environmental policy change
PPHC engages and partners with local business organizations, schools, and individuals who are committed to the development of healthy living in their communities.
What Do We Do?
Piscataquis Public Health Coalition offers public health related services for the people of Piscataquis County. We as an organization try to improve lives and strengthen the region by:
- Decreasing tobacco use
- Preventing alcohol and substance abuse
- Improving nutrition
- Incorporating worksite wellness programs
- Linking people to needed personal health services
- Providing new innovative solutions to public health related problems
The Piscataquis Public Health Coalition is a comprehensive community coalition that strives to develop an environment that supports a healthy lifestyle through education, prevention and advocacy.
As an organization we understand that we work for and are accountable to the public. We support personal and professional development through the advancement of knowledge and experience, and use a team oriented approach to best serve our clients. As an organization we strive for excellence and demonstrate our values everyday to each client and the community. Values we apply in the workplace and with our clients are:
- Personal and Professional Development
Goals for the Organization
- Empower residents when making health decisions that affect themselves and their families
- Initiate and promote health services to underserved areas in the region
- Engage, develop, and strengthen relationships with community members in the work of public health
- Be innovative and use evidence based health practices when developing policies, programs and services